Developing Skills

UUUGH! This is so irritating; my friends don’t believe that I have created a time machine. You know what? I’m going to prove them wrong, first thing in the morning I am going to set off into the future…

I am a lot more nervous now than last night. I have only gone a few seconds into the past and never into the future. The time machine is equivalent to a photo booth (the shape I mean ) all you need to do once you’re inside is press a button, select the time period and off you go. All right, I am going to go 700 years into the future. WHOAAA!! My stomach is spinning at a million miles per hour and colours are swirling around me; I feel like I'm in a circus.

After 2 minutes off that nauseating journey, I finally find myself in a different place. I don’t know if the time machine has worked or not but I have certainly gone somewhere. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket, a white screen pops up, and it says in big bold black writing: OUT OF SERVICE. I walk around for a while and finally find a small town named Northfleet.

I find a strolling pedestrian and ask him what year it is.
“2720.” he replies with a sharp tone, like i’m an idiot.
I thanked him, then walked away in disbelief. I celebrated for a while then saw something that I thought was only in the movies, A jetpack! I put the straps around my shoulders like a backpack then pressed a few buttons then I went flying in the air. I was surprisingly really good at flying it. It was so fun but then I heard a robotic voice say: low on battery. I decided to take it home as a souvenir for the future.

I walked in the way I came and then saw nothing. My machine had been taken. I didn’t even bother looking for it. I just threw myself on the floor and knew I would be there until the day I die.


How cool would it be to have a time machine? I would love it. I would go back into the past, not too far just far enough to stop this stupid horrible virus (coronavirus also known as Covid19). 

Apparently, it started in November 2019 in china and it has spread all across the world killing loads of people and has put the whole world into lockdown no school, no shops open, only one person allowed out, in some countries they have army and police patrolling the streets.

So here it goes…

I am getting into my tall shiny time machine, I am strapping myself in entering the date on my computer that's all plugged in to the time circuit that's going to take me back to stop this awful virus, right I’m all set here goes 3   2   1   I push enter….

All of a sudden bright lights flashing like a tunnel; it takes seconds to go back, the shaking and moving of the machine is real, it actually works.

I am back in 2019 china, i get out of my time machine and it’s a bit smoky I’m in a small little alley with cardboard around so i can hide my machine there so nobody can see it, I lock it up and I’m on the hunt to stop the virus.

I found some interesting facts about this virus. At the moment there is only 1 person so let's stop it there I go to them in the hospital and make sure they stay there; I put in place everyone washing their hands and keeping distance from people surprisingly they listen they must all know how this can turn out.

I stayed there for a couple of weeks and it worked. Nobody else has caught it and the person who had it has survived. I feel relieved. I think it is my time to go home back to the future in the time that i left weds 31st march 2020.

Let’s go…

I find my machine, gadgets in it out in the date and time and away I go holding on again why the machine shakes and the lights are flashing. I close my eyes and in seconds, I am home in the garage in the garden. I get out to find my mum and dad brother and sister playing games in the garden, and I can hear traffic. Does this mean i fixed it all? 

I run out the front door to see and there are people walking together no more distancing from the people we love, no more staying away from our friends, back to school back into our normal daily routines.  

The next morning I wake up and realise this was just all a
dream. We are still on lockdown. Hopefully, it will be over 
soon. 

Maybe one day my time machine will work and we can do 
better for our world.

Comments